Supporting parents & caregivers to help them nurture themselves and their children.
Quality, nurturing childcare, at NO COST to parents/caregivers, regardless of income.
- Parent’s Time! A scheduled three hour break once a week, during the day.
- Kindergarten Prep class for all children entering kindergarten the coming year.
- Healthy snacks and fun learning centered activities.
- Two staff provide individualized care for each child.
- Newsletters and parent tip sheets are provided throughout the year to assist parents as they guide their children’s growth through the years.
- We provide care for children six months and older.
- We serve parents, grandparents, foster parents, anyone caring for young children.
Inexpensive Self-Care Tips
- Go for a walk.
- Go for a drive.
- Go to the park and play on the swings.
- Go out for a cup of coffee.
- Go window shopping with a friend.
- Try something new…a museum, a gallery, an orchestra, a pow wow, a fiesta…
- Bake your favorite treat and eat it warm from the oven.
- Take a long hot bath.
- Teach yourself a new skill…crochet, beading, fishing, air guitar, gardening…
- Take some pictures…try something different and see how it turns out.
- Take a free or inexpensive class at a community education center.
- Start a journal.
- Plant something! Winter? Try an indoor garden or start your flower seeds in February or March.
- Give yourself a manicure/pedicure.
- Get up early, grab a hot drink and watch the sunrise.
- Read a book, magazine or newspaper.
- Volunteer. Brightening someone else’s day is some of the best self-care around.
Nurturing yourself is one of the best gifts you can give your children.
A nurtured parent provides children with a healthy, safe environment in which to grow and blossom.